School Mint Lottery Application
Lottery application will be open until December 8th. There is no priority to those who apply earlier than others. All those that apply and have completed the steps below will be granted a testing time.
The lottery registration window for Merrol Hyde Magnet School and Union STEAM and Demonstration School has opened for the 2024-2025 school year. Parents wishing to apply must create a SchoolMint account and complete the online application. Other documents parents will need to apply include a copy of the parent's driver's license and two proofs of residency.
Students applying for Kindergarten and applicants coming from private schools must upload an official birth certificate.
Students applying to Merrol Hyde for the 6th-12th grades will need transcripts from the past two complete years (2021-2022 and 2022-2023.)
All students applying to attend Merrol Hyde must test and qualify to attend. Testing costs are $25.00 per student.
Create your account and complete the application at https://sumnerschools.schoolmint.com/login.
Before beginning your student's application, you will need:
- Property tax, mortgage statement, or lease agreement dated within the last 30 days
- Gas, water, or electric bill with a matching service address dated within the last 30 days
- A copy of a parent's valid drivers license
- Kindergarten students must upload a state-certified copy of the birth certificate
- Students applying to Merrol Hyde grades 6-12 must submit copies of the completed report cards from the last two full years.
- For students applying to Merrol Hyde, a credit card to pay for testing materials.