College Corner @ MHMS
Summer 2017 Edition Grades 9-12
1. All Scholarships, Summer Opportunities, Community Service, and College Open Houses are up-to-date on counseling page on school website. ALL: Don’t miss let your child miss out on some cool summer opportunities. Senior Parents: Make sure to have your child get the most $$$ for college next year.
2. ACT Prep Camp for students taking the June 10th ACT: JPII High School. I have had several MHMS students attend and benefit from this ACT boot camp. The camp is offered during the morning session the week of June 5.
3. There is a spring virtual college fair- May 25. It is for grades 9-12 students and parents. You can use a chat live to talk to colleges that are online. Visit: www.nasspvirtualcollegefair.com
4. This summer, I am out of the office June 1st-July 21st. I check my email weekly and come by MHMS every other week. Please email me if you need any assistance.
5. Rising 12th graders: State ACT scores from May 3rd will be sent the school in the next two weeks. I will send out a school messenger when they are available for you to come by and pick a copy of your score report.
6. Remember all students must complete 80 hours of community service hours by March 1st of their senior year. The summer is a great time to get hours. To get form, click link: community service forms
7. Parents of the “Class of 2017”: I am mailing out final transcripts this week. I send to colleges the following information: Final transcript, test scores, immunization records, and a school profile. Your students gave me their request by May 12th.
Mrs. Dorris visiting Vanderbilt for College Stratigic Enrollment Managment with College Rep, Mary Beth Tift!
Google Slideshow presented to MHMS Students in January 2017! Importance of Community Service
College GPS- February 25th at Station Camp High School from 8am-12pm (very similar to the MHMS college financial aid night in August)
NEW CRISIS TEXT LINE
WELCOME CLASS of 2017!!!!!
Mrs. Dorris just attended the UT Knoxville, UT Martin, and UT Chattanooga conference for counselors. For updated deadlines and important dates, see the link to click on each colleges PowerPoint. www.tennessee.edu/c4c
College WEEK Success @ MHMS
Presentations from College Financial Planning Night: September 12, 2016
1. TSAC Presentation from Sept. 12th- Sam Mullins
1. Tim Kolp, Parent of four MHMS Alumni: (“A+, Secrets to a Smarter You (www.highschoolskills.com)
3. College Night Prezi- By Beth Dorris
We had 100% of MHMS Seniors Apply to College during National College App Week and TN Promise!!!! We celebrated with an awesome Senior Tailgate with all high school teachers celebrating with us!
College Corner has been completely remodeled and ready for students to come by and get ready for COLLEGE and BEYOND!!!
Rock 8th Grade Presentation