Merrol Hyde Magnet School
We understand that moving to a distance learning setting and coping with these unprecedented times can create challenges for our students and families. Difficult transitions such as these can create a wide variety of feelings such as uncertainty, loneliness, pressure, and anxiety. As a way to help our school community, we created this WEBSITE for you!
1. AP Exams - Updated information can be found HERE and check emails from Mrs. Falise.
2. Dual Enrollment (DE) - Be sure to check emails from Mrs. Falise. Outlined below are important tasks that prospective DE students needs to complete. ALL DE students MUST complete the Dual Enrollment Grant application HERE! New DE students will need to create a TSAC account.
- To be eligible, must have a 3.0 GPA
- Return completed Welch form to Mrs. Falise by 5/15/20
- To be eligible you must meet one of the following criteria:
- If you have a 3.6 GPA or higher you are automatically eligible. No test scores needed!
- If you have a 3.0-3.59 GPA you are eligible WITH principal approval - no test scores needed.
- If you have below a 3.0 GPA you need to have acceptable ACT or ACCUPLACER scores.
- If you need acceptable scores to qualify (you have below a 3.0 GPA) you can sign up for the ACT (June & July dates, www.actstudent.org) OR you can take the ACCUPLACER at your home for $20 through Examinity. Please let Mrs. Falise know if you are a student who needs to take one of these exams. If you opt to take the ACCUPLACER you will need to complete the form linked below AFTER you complete the Vol State's Admission Application (you will need your Vol State V # & assigned Vol State email address). Here is the form to request ACCUPLACER testing: https://bit.ly/dualtesting
- You must complete an Admissions Application @ www.volstate.edu
- You must complete all edocuments emailed by Vol State which will be sent after completing the Admissions application.
- Complete all tasks by 5/15/20