MHMS is an academic magnet school, students must meet selection criteria (85% in reading, language and math) as determined by our testing done in February. The following is a timeline of important dates in order to seek enrollment at MHMS.
- November 1st - applications are available on our website and our campus office.
- November through January 6th - return applications in person to the office.
- Jan 17th - Jan 27th- those who have turned in application may call to schedule a testing appointment
- Two Saturdays in February - testing will be conducted *no make-ups without a doctor' excuse
February 4th and February 11th
March - testing sent off to be scored
- Early April - you will receive information about your child's status (testing results)
- Late April - Public drawing held at MHMS.
You must be a resident of Sumner County at the time of application.
Kindergarten applicants must be 5 yrs. old by August 15
85% or higher on a nationally normed standardized test in the areas of reading, language, and math.
If applicable, an A/B average on the past two years report cards.
In an effort to align the MHMS screening process with best practices in the use of data, initial screening results will be considered valid for only a three-year span. When that time limit is reached, students remaining on the waiting list will be reconsidered for entry eligibility by using individual results from the district assessments (TCAP, EOC, TN READY, etc). Students whose scores are not 85% or higher in reading, math, and language on current assessments will be removed from the waiting list.